Thanks for the request. You’re asking to build muscle while losing body fat, which is not often easy to accomplish because the formula requires a few components that you need to adhere to: 1) daily menu plan that has the correct calories, foods including protein quantity matched to the body composition goal; 2) dietary supplement program to feed muscle while starving fat – i.e. deliver high nutrition with little to no calories – meaning you will need a multivitamin and mineral (MVM) to help recover and maintain structural and functional integrity (when calories are limited to reduce body fat, you also limit the nutrients that would otherwise be contained in those calories); 3) regular unaccustomed resistance exercise. Therefore I have placed 3-options to choose from to accomplish putting your muscle gain and body fat loss program together. Additionally I placed the minimal supplement program we use for novice exercisers to healthily speed recovery and results while supporting health and fat loss.
Note: Make sure you consume daily between all food and protein shake sources close to 1gram of protein for every pound of lean body mass (LBM) or body weight (since you’re not overweight) divided 4-5 times daily including using your protein shake before and after the workouts. See below.
Have a great day!
1. You can visit one of our licensed health clubs using the club finder http://www.dotfit.com/ClubFinder.aspx The expert fitness professionals in our licensed health clubs can give you direct service for all your fitness goals including nutrition needs (non-clinical).
2. Alternately, if a club visit is not a viable option, you can receive all your diet, supplement and muscle gain (and/or fat loss) needs online from the dotFIT program. Go to the dotFIT home page and log in (using the icon in far upper right corner) and you will come to this page: http://www.dotfit.com/new-user-register (You may just click this link for now). From there simply follow instructions creating your program and setting your goal. The dotFIT program will give you the meal plan outline you can alter as desired with the proper calories, carbohydrates, fats and protein to get started, track intake and monitor results. It will also give you your supplement recommendations (I placed one below also) and exactly how to use them. Every week when you enter your weight and/or bodyfat, the program will tell you what to do until you reach your goal including recreating menus as necessary. Once you create the program and get menus, you can go to our recipe section on the dotFIT website to get recipes with meal preparation instructions including meal replacement recipes: https://www.dotfit.com/learn/recipes. There is also a complete exercise program you can use to create the proper program to accomplish your goal – and again, just answer the simple questions including entering your goal, and your exercise program will be created. However, if possible, we recommend one of our trainers to help you get started. On the dotFIT website you’ll also see a category called “Learn” where you will find many frequently asked questions and answers: https://www.dotfit.com/learn
3. Reply again to this email or call us at 877-436-8348 and we will put you together with one of our phone coaches.
General Sport Health, Activity Recovery, Performance & Muscle Gain Program
• dotFIT Women’s Multivitamin & Mineral
o Take -1 daily with first food meal
Daily as needed:
o Use as directed to make sure you get ~1gm of protein per pound of LBM (or weight if not overweight) daily from all sources including foods divided 5 times daily
-If exercising use ~25gm 30-40min before workout & repeat dose immediately post workout (see below)
o Can be used as a supplement to a meal or by itself (or mixed with desired supporting contents) to shore up total daily protein needs
• Super Calcium
o Use if you do not meet the daily needs of calcium (~1000-1200 mgs) from food/shake intake
-Females take 1 or 2 daily with meals; if you need to take 2, take one with AM meal and the 2nd with PM meal; Males take 1 only if necessary
• Super Omega 3
o Take 1 daily with meal if not consuming 2-4 svgs/wk of fatty fish
o Take 1- scoops 30-40min before workout & repeat same dose immediate after
• As possible eat every 4-hours
• Large pre-training/event meal 2-3Hr before training
• Large post meal ~30-60min after last post workout supplement
Early morning training
• Eat a large pre-training type meal the night before
• Consume only the pre-workout snack/shake before training (as shown above) & follow workout day supplement schedule above
Tournament play (multiple games)
• <1.5Hr break: bars and hydration/electrolyte recovery drink
• 1.5-2.5Hr: small pre-training-type meal
• >2.5Hr: normal pre-training meal
• 16 oz 2Hr before activity (extra 8-16 oz 1hr before on hot days)
• 4-8 oz every 20 minutes during activity
• 20 oz for every pound of weight loss post-activity
*Use electrolyte formula (e.g. Gatorade) and water as directed