If you are not consuming your largest meal consisting of ~60% carbohydrate, 20% protein, 20% fat ~2-3hrs before your event followed by a small CHO & protein snack/shake 30mins before and immediately after, then you need to change to this protocol for best results. This way your energy systems will be full for increased running performance and you will recover faster, leading to continuous enhanced training results. The right combination of foods and meal timing around your activity are the keys to a runner’s success.
Below is the proper timing of food and supplement intake elite athletes follow. Additionally, using the dotFIT program, you can design your ideal sports nutrition plan including athletic menus individualized for you with proper protein requirements, meal timing and complete food plans with the correct mix of protein, fats and carbohydrates. Simply fill in your personal statistics, set your weight/performance goal and create your program. The program will automatically give you pre- and post-event eating plans including instructions.
Training meals and supplement timing instructions:
• Pre-training/event full food meal consumed ~2-3 hours before your major activity
– If you train first thing in the morning with no time for full meal, use pre-workout formula only but eat your pre-training/event meal before bedtime
• Pre-workout shake/bar: consume 10-40 min before activity
• Post- workout shake/bar (same formula as the pre): immediately after workout
• Post-training/event full food meal consumed ~1-2HRS post training
dotFIT Pre/Post Meal Replacement & Workout Formula
• Take 2 scoops 10-40 minutes before workout or use favorite dotFIT® bar for convenience
• Take 2 scoops (or dotFIT bar) immediately post workout