MuscleDefender™ is designed to enhance recovery from prolonged, exhaustive exercise by
- Increasing muscle protein synthesis
- Refilling muscle fuel stores (glycogen synthesis)
- Supporting the immune system
The goal of MuscleDefender is to replenish a key nutrient (glutamine) which is depleted from long training sessions and over-training. Doing so allows you to maintain demanding training schedules and maximal performance.
Why take this product?
dotFIT™ MuscleDefender utilizes a patented stabilized form of L-glutamine that has been demonstrated to elevate the body’s glutamine levels. These levels remain elevated for 90 minutes after consuming it. Other glutamine products use a form of glutamine that is unstable in liquid and is known to be destroyed in the gut before it can enter the body.
Who should take this product?
dotFIT MuscleDefender is suitable for
- Highly stressed athletes who restrict calories, such as in-season bodybuilders and fitness competitors
- Endurance athletes with frequent and heavy training loads
- Exercisers who severely restrict calories for weight or fat loss
- Any athlete susceptible to over-training due to excessive workloads
- Use with other performance products to amplify their effects, especially to minimize over-training and enhance recovery
- Produced in an easy-to-mix powder
- Contains L-glutamine peptide and a patented, stable form of L-glutamine from Albion that has been demonstrated to elevate the body’s glutamine levels. These levels remain elevated for 90 minutes after consuming it.
- Manufactured in a FDA registered facility, in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) exclusively for dotFIT, LLC
- As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop (8g) with 8 oz. of water or your favorite beverage. On training days, use 1 serving immediately after exercise.
- For maximum results use 1-2 servings daily.
MuscleDefender utilizes a patented stabilized form of L-Glutamine that has been demonstrated to elevate plasma and muscle glutamine levels after ingesting which then remain elevated above baseline for at least 90 minutes (see Figure 1).
Figure 1: Plasma glutamine levels
Reference: H. DeWayne Ashmead. Magnesium Glycyl Glutamine Chelate
- Glutamine supplementation is contraindicated in those with kidney problems or at risk for kidney disease because of possible increased kidney stress.
- Glutamine supplementation should be avoided by pregnant or lactating women because of the lack of studies done with this population.
- Glutamine supplementation should not be employed by children and adolescents due to limited data.